As many of you know, this week I’m serving on a mission trip with 31 other awesome people from Fellowship EPC. We’ll be up in Sault Ste Marie (pronounced Soo-Saint-Marie) MI, doing a variety of tasks.
Our group will be repairing homes, serving the elderly, facilitating a children’s ministry, and working on a farm that uses animals and nature to reach out to and educate local children. It should be a great week!
But I’m very aware that when it comes to mission trips, even short ones, great weeks don’t just happen. God shows up when his people call on him and depend on him. And that happens when people pray.
We’ve been praying for this trip for months now, and there are many great people who will continue to pray for us this week. But I would be very grateful if you’d join them and pray for us as well.
What can you be praying for? (I’m glad you asked)
- God would be glorified and Jesus would be made known by EVERY aspect of our trip.
- Each of us, as well as those with whom we work and share, would have a powerful encounter with God.
- The unconditional love of God would radiate in and through each of our lives.
- God would put a hedge of protection around the entire trip.
- Satan would be bound from anything that would hinder anyone coming to know and grow with Jesus this week.
- All participating on this trip would be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- God’s Word would be proclaimed with power and produce life change.
- God would give us strength and good health throughout the trip.
- God would protect and provide for family members back home.
- Divine appointments, both with those with whom we share as well as others we might encounter throughout the week.
If you would pray for any one of those things, I know it would make a big difference on our trip. I don’t always know exactly how prayer works, I just know the more people pray, the more God moves. And this week we really want to see God move, both in our lives and in the lives of those we serve.
Thanks in advance for you support!